-
v5.0DVD
Hi,
The world of knoppix is all new to me but I can’t wait to test it. I downloaded the v5.0DVD NTI ISO but can’t seem to get the software to boot. I used a few different PCs but no go. Any suggestion on how to get knoppix to boot? I even downloaded a trail version of NTI. I made one of my failed DVDs bootable, the boot part worked but then nothing from knoppix. I’d appreciate any help.
The 4GB NTI ISO file is labeled v5.0DVD-2006-02-25.EN
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
You don't do anything to make the disc bootable, or it will never boot into Knoppix. I suggest reading and following the instructions in the Downloading Faq, instructions on finding it are here.
By the way, I don't endorse or support using an unofficial release, I'll wait for the official one from Klaus and if you choose to use unofficial ones you take your chances. But you clearly need more understanding of how to burn an iso file, as you should never select any option to make it bootable.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Hi Harry,
Thank you for the info, it should be a big help. I understand your concerns about using the latest unofficial release. However, I’ll be testing in a lab environment at no risk to production clients. I’ve used ISOs in the past but needed to make sure I worked all my angles. Thank you for welcoming me to your world and I look forward to reading your posts. I’ll let you know how my issue goes.
Similar Threads
-
By SiKing in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Gigabyte 1TB 2280 SSD Solid State Drive AG450E1024-Sl, 27107-1TB15-P70S
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Samsung 850 EVO MZ-75E250 250 GB 2.5 in SATA III Solid State Drive
$24.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00