-
Copy file from hard drive to usb flash drive
Hi,
I am new to Knoppix. I just started reading Knoppix for Dummies. I booted off the live Knoppix DVD that came with the book. It booted up fine. I can browse the files on my hard drive and I can also browse the files on a flash drive I have plugged into a usb port. I would like to copy a file from the hard drive to the flash drive. I can't figure out how to do this. In Konqerer, I selected file myfile.txt on the hard drive and clicked on "Copy" in the Edit menu. Then I went to the Konqerer window showing the flash drive and tried to paste the file. I got a message saying "Could not write to /mnt/uba1/bootlog.txt". Can anyone tell me how I can copy this file?
Thanks,
Paul
Similar Threads
-
By CRK in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-25-2008, 04:11 PM
-
By Maninafix in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2007, 02:36 AM
-
By thechin in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2006, 05:31 PM
-
By Irongeek in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 07:56 AM
-
By _Larry_ in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-03-2005, 09:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$219.95