Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ending a session and the next session run

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3

    Ending a session and the next session run

    If I shutdown completely and the next time I turn on my computer I boot into Knoppix, nothing from my previous session is saved or restored, correct? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    correct, but if you want to save something from a previous session just mount a non-NTFS drive, open up a terminal session from the kde panel icon, and type saveconfig and then you will get a nice GUI to walk you through the save process which will save all of your sessions settings. then to load those settings again for later use when you boot, at the boot screen type the following cheat code:
    Code:
    knoppix myconfig=scan
    knoppix myconfig= /mnt/name_of_device_with_config/nameofconfigfile

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3
    One more question, I accidently extracted a .tar.gz file on my NTFS partition in Knoppix and upon Windows boot, the files were there! To test this out more, I created a text file that just said Dummy in it, booted in Knoppix, deleted it, then booted to Windows again. It was gone! I thought my harddrives were on read only in Knoppix. Is this normal?

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    did you mount the drives? I don't really know, all I do know is it is a bad idea to write onto NTFS partitions with knoppix

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3
    I don't know if I mounted them, I just let Knoppix load I'm using 5.0 LiveDVD.

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    Perhaps this is a new feature included by the 5.0 knoppix live-dvd, I haven't used that version of the distro so I couldn't say, all I know is that writing to NTFS is a bad idea, if you are able to write to the drive consistently without the problems normally associated with writing to NTFS from Linux then please let me know, but for now all I can do is recommend that you proceed with caution and if possible not write to the drive unless you are able to make due without the data stored on it.

Similar Threads

  1. Session restore problem
    By Sen-Commander in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
  2. Restart Session
    By pixturesk in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 11:56 PM
  3. Multi session remaster??
    By Hunter in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:20 PM
  4. Adding new session type to kdm
    By sbkryan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 08:41 PM
  5. starting second x-server session...
    By roberto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 04:15 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot picture

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot

$448.20



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.55



MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM picture

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM

$139.99



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory picture

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory

$399.99



Samsung 32GB  2Rx4 PC4  2400T -RA1-11-MC0 M393A4K0BB1-CRC4Q M  (SET OF 4) picture

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4 2400T -RA1-11-MC0 M393A4K0BB1-CRC4Q M (SET OF 4)

$650.99



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF picture

Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF

$120.00



Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY  picture

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY

$500.00