-
Ending a session and the next session run
If I shutdown completely and the next time I turn on my computer I boot into Knoppix, nothing from my previous session is saved or restored, correct? Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
correct, but if you want to save something from a previous session just mount a non-NTFS drive, open up a terminal session from the kde panel icon, and type saveconfig and then you will get a nice GUI to walk you through the save process which will save all of your sessions settings. then to load those settings again for later use when you boot, at the boot screen type the following cheat code:
Code:
knoppix myconfig=scan
knoppix myconfig= /mnt/name_of_device_with_config/nameofconfigfile
-
One more question, I accidently extracted a .tar.gz file on my NTFS partition in Knoppix and upon Windows boot, the files were there! To test this out more, I created a text file that just said Dummy in it, booted in Knoppix, deleted it, then booted to Windows again. It was gone! I thought my harddrives were on read only in Knoppix. Is this normal?
-
Senior Member
registered user
did you mount the drives? I don't really know, all I do know is it is a bad idea to write onto NTFS partitions with knoppix
-
I don't know if I mounted them, I just let Knoppix load
I'm using 5.0 LiveDVD.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Perhaps this is a new feature included by the 5.0 knoppix live-dvd, I haven't used that version of the distro so I couldn't say, all I know is that writing to NTFS is a bad idea, if you are able to write to the drive consistently without the problems normally associated with writing to NTFS from Linux then please let me know, but for now all I can do is recommend that you proceed with caution and if possible not write to the drive unless you are able to make due without the data stored on it.
Similar Threads
-
By Sen-Commander in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-19-2006, 12:47 PM
-
By pixturesk in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 11:56 PM
-
By Hunter in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By sbkryan in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-10-2004, 08:41 PM
-
By roberto in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 04:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$448.20

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 64GB (16GBx4) 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA M393A2K43EM3-CWENY DDR4 Server Memory
$399.99

Samsung 32GB 2Rx4 PC4 2400T -RA1-11-MC0 M393A4K0BB1-CRC4Q M (SET OF 4)
$650.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$500.00

Samsung 16GB DDR4 PC4-2933Y 1Rx4 ECC REG DIMM (PC4-21300) M393A2K40DB2-CVF
$120.00