Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b

    Hello,
    I'm trying to remaster the new Knoppix 5.0 CeBIT Version.
    I found Remaster From Hd Install HowTo and Knoppix Remastering Howto very helpfull, thanks for that.

    But still I've got a problem.
    I've made an empty partion where I installed Knoppix with knoppix-installer-latest-web (in my case /dev/hdc2)
    I need that because I need a full system to which I can boot to install everything (Tomcat, JDK, Eclipse and stuff). This is much easier than chroot into it.
    I'll boot to it and create a file /home/knoppix/test.txt for testing purpose.

    I make a cloop compressed file system of /dev/hdc2 according to "Remaster From Hd Install HowTo" and then make an iso image.
    If I boot that iso image with qemu my root file system is linked to /UNIONFS.
    e.g.
    bin -> /UNIONFS/bin
    mnt -> /UNIONFS/mnt
    ...

    The file /home/knoppix/test.txt is not there, it's only in /UNIONFS/home/knoppix/test.txt

    What am I doing wrong ?
    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    87
    I'm not sure if you've solved this one, but in case you haven't ...

    The reason you are not seeing it in /home is because /home is not linked the same way as /bin, /boot, etc. It is in fact created from /etc/skel during the boot phase.

    If you need a file in the /home directory on boot up then consider placing it in /etc/skel.

    Let us know how you go.

    firnsy

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. PXE NFS and UNIONFS
    By noobo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
  3. Need help with UnionFS
    By davea0511 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
  4. UnionFS
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$125.98



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.26



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00