-
root and users have different screen resoultions
After dabbling around with knoppix, I decided to install it to HDD. However, after installation, my root account has it's resoultion set to 1024x768 and my two user accounts have 800x600.
I have a pretty good understanding of Linux and have been using Slackware for about a year. I have checked my XF86Config & XF86Config-4 and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong there. It is set 24 depth default and the first resolutions in each are 1024x768. Now the funny thing is that even after deleting all modes apart from 1024x768, user accounts still have 800x600.
I have searched high and low through configuration files and directories and cannot seem to find ny way around it.
Is there some sort of skeleton file that is being read before the XF86Config-4 and applying these default settings?
Aargh!!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: root and users have different screen resoultions
--Are you sure it's not just a fonts+icon size issue?
i.e. if you hit Ctrl-Alt-Greyplus, does the res change...

Originally Posted by
apax
After dabbling around with knoppix, I decided to install it to HDD. However, after installation, my root account has it's resoultion set to 1024x768 and my two user accounts have 800x600.
I have a pretty good understanding of Linux and have been using Slackware for about a year. I have checked my XF86Config & XF86Config-4 and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong there. It is set 24 depth default and the first resolutions in each are 1024x768. Now the funny thing is that even after deleting all modes apart from 1024x768, user accounts still have 800x600.
I have searched high and low through configuration files and directories and cannot seem to find ny way around it.
Is there some sort of skeleton file that is being read before the XF86Config-4 and applying these default settings?

Aargh!!
Similar Threads
-
By pizarra in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:01 PM
-
By warpedmind in forum General Support
Replies: 12
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 12:10 AM
-
By rec9140 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-19-2003, 07:21 PM
-
By bronstein in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 11:41 AM
-
By adamm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 10:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Supermicro 938-16 16-LFF MicroCloud SuperServer 5038MR-H8TRF *No Blade Servers*
$159.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99