Hmm, how are you taking the interface down, I'm wondering if you've tried ifconfig ethx down/up or ifup/down. Any additional info regarding the network card, wireless router and version of knoppix might help as well.
Does Knoppix have an equivilent to Windows "ipconfig /renew"? I have been having problems with wireless nic cards. Configuring a static IP, mask, DNS address and drfault gateway manually is a real pain. I tried downing the interface and then bringing it up again but that did not seem to work.
Thanks,
SKrall
Hmm, how are you taking the interface down, I'm wondering if you've tried ifconfig ethx down/up or ifup/down. Any additional info regarding the network card, wireless router and version of knoppix might help as well.
Here is the situation. I have Knoppix 4.0 and a DLink G650 wireless adapter. My home network is a cisco 800 router and a DLINK DWL-2200AP access point using a an ESS with WEP. In my neighborhood there is free wifi. When I start KWIFI, I get connected to the free wifi network. I am assigned an IP address in the 172 address space. I can surf just fine. When I use KWIFI manager or iwconfig to change the ESS to my ESS and add the key, I find that I still have the same 172 address. My network is a 10 network. How do I get this wireless card to submit a new DHCP request after is changes to a different ESS?
My wireless card displays as eth0.
I use.... ifconfig eth0 down to shut down the interface.
When I use the "up" command I still have the 172 address.
Thanks,
SKrall
Try using iwconfig instead of Kwifimanager: http://www.die.net/doc/linux/man/man8/iwconfig.8.html
For some reason, Ive never had much luck with GUI wireless configurators.
Regards..
pump -i eth0 ...... is the Knoppix equivilent to Microsoft "ipconfig /renew"

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99
AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00
SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99
Intel Core i7-6900K SR2PB 8-Core 3.20GHz CPU LGA 2011 (Socket R)
$60.00
Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99
AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99
DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99
Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11
$250.00