Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b

    Hello,
    I'm trying to remaster the new Knoppix 5.0 CeBIT Version.
    I found Remaster From Hd Install HowTo and Knoppix Remastering Howto very helpfull, thanks for that.

    But still I've got a problem.
    I've made an empty partion where I installed Knoppix with knoppix-installer-latest-web (in my case /dev/hdc2)
    I need that because I need a full system to which I can boot to install everything (Tomcat, JDK, Eclipse and stuff). This is much easier than chroot into it.
    I'll boot to it and create a file /home/knoppix/test.txt for testing purpose.

    I make a cloop compressed file system of /dev/hdc2 according to "Remaster From Hd Install HowTo" and then make an iso image.
    If I boot that iso image with qemu my root file system is linked to /UNIONFS.
    e.g.
    bin -> /UNIONFS/bin
    mnt -> /UNIONFS/mnt
    ...

    The file /home/knoppix/test.txt is not there, it's only in /UNIONFS/home/knoppix/test.txt

    What am I doing wrong ?
    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    87
    I'm not sure if you've solved this one, but in case you haven't ...

    The reason you are not seeing it in /home is because /home is not linked the same way as /bin, /boot, etc. It is in fact created from /etc/skel during the boot phase.

    If you need a file in the /home directory on boot up then consider placing it in /etc/skel.

    Let us know how you go.

    firnsy

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. PXE NFS and UNIONFS
    By noobo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
  3. Need help with UnionFS
    By davea0511 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
  4. UnionFS
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
  5. No root file system (but system works)
    By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15

Vintage Dell Inspiron 7500 15" Pentium II 400MHz 128MB 4.8GB Windows 2000 Pro

$59.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition picture

Ast Advantage Adventure 4050D Vintage Retro Computer Great Condition

$199.99



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage Dark Brown Leather Messenger Bag Large 17

Vintage Dark Brown Leather Messenger Bag Large 17" Laptop Briefcase Multi Zip XL

$59.99



Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector picture

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector

$50.00



Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25

Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM

$175.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Vintage Intel iPDS-100  Personal Development System picture

Vintage Intel iPDS-100 Personal Development System

$1499.99



Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110) picture

Vintage Apple Keyboard (MO110)

$61.30