-
Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b
Hello,
I'm trying to remaster the new Knoppix 5.0 CeBIT Version.
I found Remaster From Hd Install HowTo and Knoppix Remastering Howto very helpfull, thanks for that.
But still I've got a problem.
I've made an empty partion where I installed Knoppix with knoppix-installer-latest-web (in my case /dev/hdc2)
I need that because I need a full system to which I can boot to install everything (Tomcat, JDK, Eclipse and stuff). This is much easier than chroot into it.
I'll boot to it and create a file /home/knoppix/test.txt for testing purpose.
I make a cloop compressed file system of /dev/hdc2 according to "Remaster From Hd Install HowTo" and then make an iso image.
If I boot that iso image with qemu my root file system is linked to /UNIONFS.
e.g.
bin -> /UNIONFS/bin
mnt -> /UNIONFS/mnt
...
The file /home/knoppix/test.txt is not there, it's only in /UNIONFS/home/knoppix/test.txt
What am I doing wrong ?
Thanks for any help.
Similar Threads
-
By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
-
By noobo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
-
By davea0511 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-15-2005, 08:27 PM
-
By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
-
By freyley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2003, 09:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST3000NM0005 HDD 3TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K 3.5" 512 b/s
$59.00

Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00

Western Digital WD Caviar Green WD30EZRX 3TB 3.5" 5400RPM SATA III Hard Drive
$45.04

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99