i don't want to use AOL as browser, just for connexion. I connect to internet under XP through AOL software. After connected, i can use firefox or Konqueror. I just needed for connexion. Tell me then how can i connect to that AOL connection using another software etc

I'm not a advanced user of Linux, but i figured that "penggy" is an application which helps me connecting to internet via AOL. Is penggy availabe on Knoppix?

After a deeper searching.. i found out that there are a few softwares which helps you connect to AOL. One is penggy, other is peng or pengaol.
The thing is that under XP, i connect to AOL, on my existing connexion. Just starting AOL software and providing username and password. No dial numbers etc.. how it's this possible on Knoppix? Penggy or peng etc do that? Or whit those softwares i must provide a phone # where the modem should dial? I don't own a modem anyway... i connect to the internet using DSL. But i need aol as connexion.