When/How do I use the command lspci -v. I tried typing this at the knoppix Boot prompt but it didn't like that.
How do I get the D-Link DWL-650+ wireless adapter to be recognized ?
Thanks
When/How do I use the command lspci -v. I tried typing this at the knoppix Boot prompt but it didn't like that.
I don't imagine it liked that at all.Originally Posted by Tad
After you boot, open a terminal (shell) and enter it there.
forget it ....
Texas Instruments refuses to release info about their chipset used in the DWL-650+ . There even has been a website dedicated to this chipset where you can post your complaint. Me too I've sent a mail to TI with my complaint about this childich behaviour. As far as I now only the Mandrake 9 has been able to start this device (but very unstable and without the full potential of it => 4x modus, 22Mbps modus ,etc. )
But remember the STONES....
time is on our side ,yes it is ....![]()
Where's the link man? I'd like to go complain too. Lack of cooperation from vendors ranks right up there on my list. I'll definitely not buy their junk if that's the way they want to play.
What module was it using in Mandrake? What else do you know about it. Have you read about anyone else getting it to work?
Thanks for the info...if you don't mind, pass along the link to complain.
Originally Posted by ktheking
OK have found it back :
petition (and more info about acx100 chipset used in DWL520+ (PCI) and DWL650+ (PCMCIA):
http://acx100.sourceforge.net/
A possible workaround :
http://www.hack.gr/users/panxer/wireless/
greetzzz,
Thanks for the post.
I submitted my signature.

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
Vintage Emagic Logic 5 / Logic Audio 4.0 Studio Software Box Manuals Serial
$89.99
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
Vintage Motherboard Lot: MSI MS-4138 VLB 486 DX4-120 + Macronix 386DX Combo RAM
$175.00
Vintage Amdahl Computer Chip Lucite Paperweight Air Cooled Logic Chip
$89.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00