Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NO MOUSE with knoppix 5.0 software!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    alabama
    Posts
    1

    NO MOUSE with knoppix 5.0 software!

    I am a brand new Knoppix user, I booted the CD up, and it booted wonderfully well. The only problem is, I get nothing as far as a mouse pointer, or anything. I click and try to move the mouse, but nothing happens, there's not even a mouse pointer on the screen, I have booted this thing up 4 times already, and I am dying to find out what Knoppix is all about, but I can't get the mouse to work, HELP!!!

    By the way, I have a ps/2 mouse, not a USB running windows XP if that matters

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    20

    mouse problems

    yeah I am having a similar issue myself. if you want to check out Knoppix try v4.0.2 I am not having any mouse issues with it. I have a pointer that moves at first but then my mouse stops working as soon as the GUI is finished loading in 5.0.1.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    348
    See my response in another thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24324

    You also may need to enter a cheatcode during bootup, since there are sometimes issues with P/S2 mice and the system Bios. Look through the "Documentation" link at the top of the page and scroll down for the link to cheatcodes. The issue I referenced is mentioned there.

Similar Threads

  1. Where did the Knoppix CD Burning Software go?
    By LaneyAngel in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2009, 07:02 AM
  2. Downloading Software for knoppix
    By Phantom69 in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-26-2005, 05:41 PM
  3. CD-RW Software for Knoppix
    By peteyjared3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-10-2004, 04:17 AM
  4. how to make my Mouse Systems mouse work with knoppix?
    By clfest in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-30-2003, 01:59 AM
  5. Software on Knoppix
    By Frans in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 07:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge R330 8-Bay SFF | Xeon E3-1270 v5 | 16GB | 10GbE | Dual 350W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R330 8-Bay SFF | Xeon E3-1270 v5 | 16GB | 10GbE | Dual 350W PSU

$199.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W picture

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W

$285.97



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD

$99.99



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00