yeah I am having a similar issue myself. if you want to check out Knoppix try v4.0.2 I am not having any mouse issues with it. I have a pointer that moves at first but then my mouse stops working as soon as the GUI is finished loading in 5.0.1.
I am a brand new Knoppix user, I booted the CD up, and it booted wonderfully well. The only problem is, I get nothing as far as a mouse pointer, or anything. I click and try to move the mouse, but nothing happens, there's not even a mouse pointer on the screen, I have booted this thing up 4 times already, and I am dying to find out what Knoppix is all about, but I can't get the mouse to work, HELP!!!
By the way, I have a ps/2 mouse, not a USB running windows XP if that matters
yeah I am having a similar issue myself. if you want to check out Knoppix try v4.0.2 I am not having any mouse issues with it. I have a pointer that moves at first but then my mouse stops working as soon as the GUI is finished loading in 5.0.1.
See my response in another thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24324
You also may need to enter a cheatcode during bootup, since there are sometimes issues with P/S2 mice and the system Bios. Look through the "Documentation" link at the top of the page and scroll down for the link to cheatcodes. The issue I referenced is mentioned there.

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89
LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04
Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99
V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00
New JVSCAM Compressed Air Duster,150000RPM Electric Duster, Vacuum Cleaner & Bag
$77.23
US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89
2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99
Mini Cordless Electric Keyboard Car Vacuum Cleaner Cleaning Duster Rechargeable
$9.97
Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99
WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99