Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HELP PLEASE!!! -- Network Issues

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    HELP PLEASE!!! -- Network Issues

    Hi,

    I am very new to Linux (this is my second day!), and I am having great difficulty getting a link to the outside world. The LAN seems to work (I think), but I can not download Knoppix / Myth / Knoppmyth / etc updates. So, can somebody point me to a simple (for I am simple with all things Linex at the moment) guide to setting up a network on Linux. All the material that I have read to date just makes things worse.

    So, I guess I need to set / confirm my IP Address (in Knoppix and MythTV) of the machine, set the default gateway, set-up DNS and make Eth0 work generally.

    Any tips?

    Regards,

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunnyvale
    Posts
    7

    Tip #1

    Try including information about your computer. Wireless or wired NIC? Knoppix version 4.0?

Similar Threads

  1. A couple of Network (wifi) issues on a 3.3 based HDD Install
    By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
  2. HD install, network connectivity and su issues
    By twoflatfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
  5. eepro100.o e100.o network module (intel network cards)
    By david in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco C9200-48P-A Catalyst 48-Port PoE+ Switch picture

Cisco C9200-48P-A Catalyst 48-Port PoE+ Switch

$749.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points - Tested & Working (AP Only) picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points - Tested & Working (AP Only)

$89.99



Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



The Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C is a professional networking adapter designed fo picture

The Cisco Catalyst C9300X-NM-2C is a professional networking adapter designed fo

$750.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch

$69.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$205.00



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99