Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: HELP PLEASE!!! -- Network Issues

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    HELP PLEASE!!! -- Network Issues

    Hi,

    I am very new to Linux (this is my second day!), and I am having great difficulty getting a link to the outside world. The LAN seems to work (I think), but I can not download Knoppix / Myth / Knoppmyth / etc updates. So, can somebody point me to a simple (for I am simple with all things Linex at the moment) guide to setting up a network on Linux. All the material that I have read to date just makes things worse.

    So, I guess I need to set / confirm my IP Address (in Knoppix and MythTV) of the machine, set the default gateway, set-up DNS and make Eth0 work generally.

    Any tips?

    Regards,

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Sunnyvale
    Posts
    7

    Tip #1

    Try including information about your computer. Wireless or wired NIC? Knoppix version 4.0?

Similar Threads

  1. A couple of Network (wifi) issues on a 3.3 based HDD Install
    By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
  2. HD install, network connectivity and su issues
    By twoflatfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
  5. eepro100.o e100.o network module (intel network cards)
    By david in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$100.00



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -

$39.99



Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD

$29.99



Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned

$29.00



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive picture

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive

$42.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...

$30.00



Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC picture

Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC

$73.00