-
HELP PLEASE!!! -- Network Issues
Hi,
I am very new to Linux (this is my second day!), and I am having great difficulty getting a link to the outside world. The LAN seems to work (I think), but I can not download Knoppix / Myth / Knoppmyth / etc updates. So, can somebody point me to a simple (for I am simple with all things Linex at the moment) guide to setting up a network on Linux. All the material that I have read to date just makes things worse.
So, I guess I need to set / confirm my IP Address (in Knoppix and MythTV) of the machine, set the default gateway, set-up DNS and make Eth0 work generally.
Any tips?
Regards,
-
Tip #1
Try including information about your computer. Wireless or wired NIC? Knoppix version 4.0?
Similar Threads
-
By TimWhite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-02-2004, 08:58 PM
-
By twoflatfish in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:34 PM
-
By gill1109 in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-28-2003, 05:20 AM
-
By Anssi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-29-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By david in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-09-2003, 02:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99