Try including information about your computer. Wireless or wired NIC? Knoppix version 4.0?
Hi,
I am very new to Linux (this is my second day!), and I am having great difficulty getting a link to the outside world. The LAN seems to work (I think), but I can not download Knoppix / Myth / Knoppmyth / etc updates. So, can somebody point me to a simple (for I am simple with all things Linex at the moment) guide to setting up a network on Linux. All the material that I have read to date just makes things worse.
So, I guess I need to set / confirm my IP Address (in Knoppix and MythTV) of the machine, set the default gateway, set-up DNS and make Eth0 work generally.
Any tips?
Regards,
Try including information about your computer. Wireless or wired NIC? Knoppix version 4.0?

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99
Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK
$154.99