Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Big problem by mounting

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6

    Big problem by mounting

    I got a problem...
    I got the Knoppix-Linux Version 3.3
    When I run it and start, it dont recognize my hda and I am not able to mount it in....
    The worst for me is, all my datas are on that hda Have someone a idea what I could do?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6
    I'd say you get the newest version, 5.0.1 and try it again!

    what do u want to do with this Data? Backup? Use?
    If you just want to make a backup, you can also try "ultimate boot cd", there are file managers there which runs from CD, so you can copy your data to another partition if you have one.

    another bootable recovery CD is "Winternals ERD Commander", based on windows. It's like a knoppix on an XP-basis. But it's not free... http://www.winternals.com/Products/A...dcommander2005

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6

    reply

    I want only to recover my datas, the problem is, when I want to start windows it dont boot,
    so I try knoppix and it bootet.
    I wanted to know why it could not boot windows and so I looked at the BIOS, and there stood my master slave doesnt work, there stood its not installed..
    And now I just want to get the datas, if I dont get em, my father will be angry

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6
    hm, if the HD is not detected in the BIOS, then you have a Problem... I guess you didn't play around with the jumpers, no?
    Well, if your system doesn't detect your HD (you can also see that in the first boot screen, just hit "pause" to get more time), then Knoppix won't either.

    same thing happened to a friend of mine yesterday. His Notebook broke down, completely! Doesn't even boot without the HD, so the mainboard must be broken. I took his HD out and plugged it via USB to my computer, and the HD didn't even spin! (And my BIOS didn't recognized it either). All his Data is lost...

    I hope it's not the same problem you have right now, because there is no hope (or maybe a really expensive one, don't know for shure)

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    6

    No I didnt play with the jumpers

    The strange thing was, I wanted to switch my computer on and it doesnt work(boot)
    I dont have any virus on that computer, because this computer dont have connection to the internet.
    I have a master cd and recovery disk....but than my whole system will be erase.
    Because the main thing is, I want to recover now the datas , my father got some important programms on the computer.this computer is no notebook, but strange was all was detected by knoppix but than no hrad disk
    I could make that now with the master CD but....I need that data..
    I didnt do any nonsens with that pc and it dont work...that is the weird things..
    Its some Legend pc..

Similar Threads

  1. Mounting a problem HDD
    By mjdc76 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-22-2006, 03:40 PM
  2. Audio CD mounting problem
    By leone25s in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2004, 12:07 PM
  3. Problem Mounting
    By tzulberti in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-09-2004, 04:02 AM
  4. Problem Mounting
    By tzulberti in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-26-2004, 04:52 AM
  5. NTFS mounting problem
    By stf-ko in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-19-2004, 10:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50



LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory picture

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory

$255.00



TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot picture

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot

$573.98



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot picture

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot

$3.75



READ Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT picture

READ Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT

$149.99



Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick picture

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick

$289.80



5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT picture

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT

$9.99