Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: installing synaptic

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18

    installing synaptic

    Hi, I had a Knoppix DVD but it was burned bad - someone else gave it to me so I don't have the ISO.
    So I got the CD version instead. I noticed, however, it don't got Synaptic! Waa! How do I install it? I tried "sudo apt-get install synaptic" -- whats the magic word?

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    I don't know if it's available by Klik or not, but you might want to visit the Klik forum and see what you cn learn.

    apt-get has issues with Knoppix, since Knoppix is made of a mix of different versions of Debian and apt-get tends to break things (particularly if you were foolish enough to try to "install" KNoppix, but I can see that if the union file system works enough to let apt-get work it also would allow things to break when you try it).

    Not that you know the source of the original problem, why not get the DVD version? BitTorrent is pretty fast, if you have a DVD burner you could get your own copy made before you are likely to get good answers here.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    18
    definety. I could. But, see, the machine I want to make a server out of doesn't have a DVD drive, plus, my ISP limits my bandwidth and this month (like all months) I'm over

    But yes, thanks for all your help guys. Great support

Similar Threads

  1. Synaptic+Knoppix
    By gromozekin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-09-2008, 05:44 PM
  2. error installing synaptic
    By riechert in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2004, 10:19 AM
  3. error installing synaptic
    By riechert in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 11:21 PM
  4. GUI for APT - SYNAPTIC
    By legal in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2004, 07:52 PM
  5. Synaptic
    By Fortran in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-20-2003, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed picture

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed

$199.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$16.41



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99