-
Junior Member
registered user
Live CD Knoppix won't recognize HP LaserJet5
I am running Knoppix live CD on a diskless PC. I know that the printer, cable, ports, etc work fine because when this PC had a disk it was running Windows XP (vomit) and I printed without problems for years. Then the hard disk died and I disconnected the hard disk ribbon cable inside the PC and am now using the great Knoppix live CD on a diskless PC and I suppose anyone who was hacking me with spyware is unable to now..... Anyhow, I can browse and download, but I can't print. Any help is greatly appreciated.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You have to set the printer up like this:-
Kmenu - KNOPPIX - Configure - configure printer(s)
enter root password (blank on live CD - so you may need to open a root shell and enter a password with 'passwd' to get past this stage).
Select Add - Add Printer/Class this gives you a wizard, select 'HP' and then scroll down the list to 'laserjet 5' and follw the wizard through. (including printing a test page).
That should do it.
Stoo.....
Similar Threads
-
By Ian111384 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:23 PM
-
By inkexit in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-31-2007, 07:13 PM
-
By klifnor in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-23-2005, 10:49 PM
-
By Kakalak in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 11:23 PM
-
By Waylander in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-10-2003, 01:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Gigabyte Z890 Aorus Master LGA 1851 DDR5
$259.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99