Quote Originally Posted by Labiadh
I got copy of Knoppix.....
We can't be sure of the problem from what was posted, but here are some things to consider:

Just because the disc worked OK on one system does not mean it is a good burn and will properly work on any system. We see many reports of discs that were burnt at high speed doing exactly this. I can't say if your disc was burnt at high speed or not, or even if it was if that is the problem, but it is something that you should be aware of.

Often certain hardware need a "cheat code" to help Knoppix in the hardware detection process. Follow the Documentation link near the top of this page and read the wiki section on Cheat Codes. Common ones that people often use include acpi=off and dma, but read the section and see what you thing might help in your case.

The failsafe cheat code might help. It's not the way that you will want to run Knoppix (too much is disconnected this way), but it might tell you something about your boot problem just to try it.

In cases lie this I like to try to boot in expert mode, and make notes about each question asked and how I answer it. I try changing my answer to the last question asked before the boot process fails.

And worth mentioning, if you type memtest (not knoppix memtest) at the boot prompt you will run memtest86, a well respected memory test program. It has on occasion found memory problems for some users that stop booting at this point.

The boot line knoppix testcd is often used to check the burnt CD, but in your case I don't think knoppix is going to make enough boot progress to run the CD check.