Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: No boot or anything...

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    No boot or anything...

    First off... im totally new to linux. I have no idea what meny of these things mean. But im willing to learn. Insted of giving up on things, I see them as a challange. So please do whatever you can to help me. Now...

    I downloaded the KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso version
    I never really understood .isos
    I burnt the .iso to a cd.
    I also extracted the .iso and burnt it to another cd like that. No luck eather way.
    I saw the cd image creator thing. But that was in a different language so that was no help. Once inserted I can get to the html page with the faq's. But when I try to boot off the cd it just sayes "No boot device found, please insert system cd and press F1". Ive tried moving the files to the hard drive, and setting the boot.ini to go off that. But that did nothing... So please help! I would be very happy!

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: No boot or anything...

    Quote Originally Posted by DevonJB
    I downloaded the KNOPPIX_V4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN.iso version
    I never really understood .isos
    I burnt the .iso to a cd.
    I also extracted the .iso and burnt it to another cd like that. No luck eather way.
    All this and more is covered in the Downloading faq, see answer #1.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1,516
    harry is right you have your answers in
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ
    look around, you will find the answers there, most likely in
    http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Download...o_be_burned.3F

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module picture

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module

$89.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD

$25.00



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH    LOT OF 10 picture

HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10

$70.00