I am running Knoppix installed on HDD. I want to insert my USB drive, and use it to copy files and edit notes I need to print on another machine. I first had it working fine, but now something has changed. It mounts and lets me read, but I can no longer write to it, create a new file or folder, or edit anything on it.
Is there a simple way to permanently change permissions to allow write as well as read access? I am a beginner, so exact instructions or commands to issue would be perfect. TIA

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99
Netac 2TB SSD 3D NAND 2.5'' SATA III 6GB/s Internal Solid State Drive
$190.00