-
Write Permissions for USB Drive
I am running Knoppix installed on HDD. I want to insert my USB drive, and use it to copy files and edit notes I need to print on another machine. I first had it working fine, but now something has changed. It mounts and lets me read, but I can no longer write to it, create a new file or folder, or edit anything on it.
Is there a simple way to permanently change permissions to allow write as well as read access? I am a beginner, so exact instructions or commands to issue would be perfect. TIA
Similar Threads
-
By neorej in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
-
By cobra_brad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 02:49 AM
-
By Curious Dave in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-26-2006, 04:25 AM
-
By redsnake in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By Conchial in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Cherry W. Germany G80-0486H/05 Mechanical 25-Pin D-Sub Keyboard M8
$170.99

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1
$250.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Vintage Timbuk2 Crossbody Messenger Bag Forest Green/ Black Y2k USA Made
$85.00

Vintage cross Apple computer branded pen rainbow logo In original box
$100.00

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos
$295.00

Vintage Apple computer Cross Metal Ballpoint Pen Black Ink Gold Trim
$125.00

Vintage Microsoft Office 4.2 for Windows Original Floppy Disks & Manuals 1994
$119.99

ASUS A7V333 Vintage Motherboard | Untested | For Parts
$44.89