-
Write Permissions for USB Drive
I am running Knoppix installed on HDD. I want to insert my USB drive, and use it to copy files and edit notes I need to print on another machine. I first had it working fine, but now something has changed. It mounts and lets me read, but I can no longer write to it, create a new file or folder, or edit anything on it.
Is there a simple way to permanently change permissions to allow write as well as read access? I am a beginner, so exact instructions or commands to issue would be perfect. TIA
Similar Threads
-
By neorej in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-28-2008, 09:49 AM
-
By cobra_brad in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-27-2008, 02:49 AM
-
By Curious Dave in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-26-2006, 04:25 AM
-
By redsnake in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-31-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By Conchial in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-29-2005, 06:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$49.99

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k
$300.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare
$1800.00

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE
$6299.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond
$140.00

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110
$129.99

Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW
$59.99

Apple Keyboard for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 (010)
$149.00

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs
$14.99