Quote Originally Posted by les-paul
Dear KNX-fellas, please help me!

I can use Knoppix with no problems in my Celeron 1Ghz, but unfortunately i can't even boot with the same CD on my Athlon 800Mhz. I have tried versions 3.1 and 3.2, but none of them works.

I put the disc on my CD-RW (it is master on secondary channel i think, on the first channel i have the HD as master and the CD as slave), boot from it; then i get the boot: screen and type knoppix; the screen changes, i get a tux on top of the screen and then this message appears forever and ever in the screen, befeore any other kernel message:

ide-scsiIO,CoD)!=(0,1) while issuing a packet command.
Just to make sure- you booted like this right:
knoppix noscsi

I assume it is something related to the scsi emulation for the CD-RW, but i can't boot from the other CD. I tried the nodma and noscsi options with no luck.
Just curious-Why can't you boot from the other drive?
Do you have any real SCSI devices present?
How about some hardware specs too.

Thanks in advance[/quote]