Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: smartLink

  1. #1

    smartLink

    Hi,
    I just made the change to Knoppix 4.02. and have the following problem (which I spent the last 3 days trying to sort out. I searched the forum aswell, but nothing helped):
    I got a smartLink (winmodem) modem, and can't find any available driver for it. I always get the message "Modem busy". I was wondering whether I could use eg Win4Lin or WINE to solve the problem. If yes, how would I go about it?

    Thanks in advance,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    I believe Knoppix has the SLmodem Daemon driver (run slmodemd in a console). If not, Kanotix has it.

Similar Threads

  1. How to install modem driver (Smartlink)?
    By sAryL in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 01:46 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
  3. help setting up smartlink modem on a laptop
    By Joseph Schiller in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)

$1599.99



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW picture

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW

$599.40



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$96.60



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD  🚚 picture

HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



HP P40893-B21 EDGELINE E920T CONFIGURE-TO-ORDER BLADE SERVER picture

HP P40893-B21 EDGELINE E920T CONFIGURE-TO-ORDER BLADE SERVER

$300.00



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH

$225.00



NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH picture

NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH

$225.00