Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: smartLink

  1. #1

    smartLink

    Hi,
    I just made the change to Knoppix 4.02. and have the following problem (which I spent the last 3 days trying to sort out. I searched the forum aswell, but nothing helped):
    I got a smartLink (winmodem) modem, and can't find any available driver for it. I always get the message "Modem busy". I was wondering whether I could use eg Win4Lin or WINE to solve the problem. If yes, how would I go about it?

    Thanks in advance,

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Southern Maine, US
    Posts
    274
    I believe Knoppix has the SLmodem Daemon driver (run slmodemd in a console). If not, Kanotix has it.

Similar Threads

  1. How to install modem driver (Smartlink)?
    By sAryL in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2007, 01:46 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-02-2005, 03:02 PM
  3. help setting up smartlink modem on a laptop
    By Joseph Schiller in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 01:20 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-23-2003, 05:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS picture

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS

$16.95



GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic picture

GRAPHIC SHOP - Atari 400/800 XL/XE - Antic

$36.00



GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box picture

GORF Atari/Roklan 400/800 Cartridge Brand New In Box

$48.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm picture

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm

$48.95