I have a USB external hard drive which contains mosty of my movies, and all my music. I ran Knoppix 4.0, then later that day went back onto windows XP. The computer recognizes the drive, and I see a drive letter, but anytime a program attempts to access a file on that drive, the program locks up. When I try to access through My Computer, it gives me "the request could not be performed because of an I/O read error".
The weird part is now, that the hard drive works fine on Knoppix, but not Windows anymore.
How do I un-goof this?

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights
$199.00
Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00
Vintage IBM 3151 ASCII Display Terminal CRT Monitor Untested
$100.00
Vintage 1999 Hot Wheels PC USB Keyboard SK-1100U(E) + Speakers Patriot Tested
$145.00
Vintage 1988 Tandy 1000 SL SL/2 Audio / Reset I/O Board P/N 8709867 Rev D
$34.77
Rare Vintage Rockwell AIM-65 Microcomputer 6500 With Several Manuals
$500.00
Vintage 1980s PC XT Clone Motherboard 8088 CPU 8-Bit ISA Slots Untested
$69.77
VINTAGE Dell Dimension XPS D233-Pentium II-128MB Ram 13.5GB HDD Matrix GFx W98SE
$229.99
Apple Macintosh SE/30 Vintage All-In-One Desktop Computer Model M5119
$292.92