Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Root Login freezez

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2

    Root Login freezez

    I need to login as root but I need to make a root password to do that. When I go to change the root password I get the change unix password input line but I can't type, the cursor blinks like I can type but no letters input. How do I fix this/get around it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2
    I already know about that. The problem is when I try to change the password the command box freezes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Man
    I already know about that. The problem is when I try to change the password the command box freezes.
    Are you sure it freezes. Did you try writing something and pressing Enter? It's normal that you don't see anything while typing your password - it's meant to work that way.

    Code:
    knoppix@1[knoppix]$ sudo passwd
    Enter new UNIX password:          # Enter your password and press Enter, you won't see anything while typing.
    Retype new UNIX password:         # Enter your password again and press Enter, you won't see anything while typing.
    passwd: password updated successfully

Similar Threads

  1. no root login?
    By crazy_monkey108 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 09:33 AM
  2. How to Login as the Root
    By brass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 11:40 PM
  3. Login as ROOT
    By ackelley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 11:52 PM
  4. How do root login
    By mienque in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 06:15 AM
  5. Login as root
    By 1st_time in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 04:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard picture

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard

$38.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63



V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB picture

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB

$82.00



Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys picture

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys

$16.99



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



BOC Edwards EXT70 B722-05-000 G1946-80002 Turbomolecular Vacuum Pump ISO63 picture

BOC Edwards EXT70 B722-05-000 G1946-80002 Turbomolecular Vacuum Pump ISO63

$100.00



Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home picture

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home

$16.99



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$106.14



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99