Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Root Login freezez

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2

    Root Login freezez

    I need to login as root but I need to make a root password to do that. When I go to change the root password I get the change unix password input line but I can't type, the cursor blinks like I can type but no letters input. How do I fix this/get around it?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2
    I already know about that. The problem is when I try to change the password the command box freezes.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Man
    I already know about that. The problem is when I try to change the password the command box freezes.
    Are you sure it freezes. Did you try writing something and pressing Enter? It's normal that you don't see anything while typing your password - it's meant to work that way.

    Code:
    knoppix@1[knoppix]$ sudo passwd
    Enter new UNIX password:          # Enter your password and press Enter, you won't see anything while typing.
    Retype new UNIX password:         # Enter your password again and press Enter, you won't see anything while typing.
    passwd: password updated successfully

Similar Threads

  1. no root login?
    By crazy_monkey108 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2006, 09:33 AM
  2. How to Login as the Root
    By brass in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 11:40 PM
  3. Login as ROOT
    By ackelley in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-12-2005, 11:52 PM
  4. How do root login
    By mienque in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-29-2004, 06:15 AM
  5. Login as root
    By 1st_time in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 04:57 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc picture

Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc

$27.99



SAMSUNG GALAXY BOOK 6 - 14

SAMSUNG GALAXY BOOK 6 - 14" Intel Ultra 7 355 16GB RAM/512GB Win11 *BARELY USED

$850.00



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Digitizer 100% Original Oem

$152.99



Samsung XE303 C12 Chromebook 11.6 1.7GHz, 2GB Ram, 16GB SSD, working condition picture

Samsung XE303 C12 Chromebook 11.6 1.7GHz, 2GB Ram, 16GB SSD, working condition

$42.00



Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible picture

Samsung JC95-01514A Cover-Side Roller T2 Compatible

$39.00



Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2 picture

Samsung JC93-01078A Transfer Roller T2

$89.00



Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra picture

Magnetic Leather Flip Case with Stand for Samsung Tab S9 S9+ S10+ S10 Ultra

$20.99



USED Samsung 12 GB (2GBx6) PC3L-10600R Server Memory Ram 1Rx8 picture

USED Samsung 12 GB (2GBx6) PC3L-10600R Server Memory Ram 1Rx8

$65.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Gray Wi‑Fi 8.7in Android Tablet SM-T220 picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite 32GB Gray Wi‑Fi 8.7in Android Tablet SM-T220

$75.00



Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ SM-X218U WIFI + 4G AT&T 64GB picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+ SM-X218U WIFI + 4G AT&T 64GB

$99.99