-
How to set up a server (complete noob)
Ok, so I need to run my own web server and run several cgi scripts on it for a project. The problem was that I was trying to do this on windows with IIS, windows does terrible with cgi scripts, especially since most are written forUnix. So I downloaded Knoppix (on it right now) but being a total newbie I can't figure out if it comes equipped with any sort of web server tool to do so (such as apache). Any help on getting started would be appreciated, thank you.
P.S. Also windows has a tool called camtasia that can record what your doing on screen, does knoppix have anything liek that? I need it for the project to show what I've done, thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By Iane in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 8
Last Post: 06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
-
By Deathwalker in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 02:57 PM
-
By mshanmuga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 10:42 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-18-2004, 07:31 PM
-
By bigbadgreen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-24-2004, 08:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

HP PROLIANT MICROSERVER GEN8 E3-1220LV2 @ 2.30GHz, 8GB RAM, NO HDD/OS
$164.97

HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00

Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99

New Barebones Supermicro 5019D Server, 4C/8T Xeon D-2123T, 1U Rackmountable, 10G
$449.99

Supermicro E200-8D Mini Server Xeon D-1528 6-Core 64GB ECC 1TB SSD 2x10GbE IPMI
$525.00

Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99

Supermicro 5019D-4C-FN8TP Xeon D-2123IT (4C/8T) 64GB DDR4 10GbE 480GB 1U Server
$689.00

Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$250.00

Supermicro 505-2 Server
$280.00