-
Need a pre-compiled FTP program or "make install"
Hello. I need an FTP program with a GUI and I have tried a couple but they require "config" and "make install", which fail because "knoppix doesn't have the correct headers" or something like that. I think it's because I'm running from the CD.
Options:
A. Get a way to "make install", running from the CD.
B. Get a pre-compiled FTP program (binary file). Like SciTE, a text editor.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I have not tried this in Knoppix, but what about the FireFTP extension for Firefox?
By the way, Knoquror is a fine FTP client too.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Need a pre-compiled FTP program or "make install&qu
--It would help if you could explain what you need a "GUI" for... Lftp and wget are both included with Knoppix, but you should be able to ' apt-get install gftp ' IIRC.

Originally Posted by
k00ld00d
Hello. I need an FTP program with a GUI and I have tried a couple but they require "config" and "make install", which fail because "knoppix doesn't have the correct headers" or something like that. I think it's because I'm running from the CD.
Options:
A. Get a way to "make install", running from the CD.
B. Get a pre-compiled FTP program (binary file). Like SciTE, a text editor.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By nvgringo in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-21-2007, 04:19 AM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By h0mersimps0n in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-26-2004, 05:13 AM
-
By Popovn in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 01:18 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 06:35 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

*LOT OF 4* 32GB SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4
$674.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SK Hynix 8GB 1RX4 PC4-2133P-RC0-10 Registered Server RAM HMA41GR7MFR4N-TF TD AB
$34.99

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99