-
Dell Laptop, KPPP & Linksys Etherfast LanModem 56K Probl
Dell Latitude CPt S500CT boots without a problem; Linksys card is recognized. For various reasons the configuration I am stuck with is -- LAN port dead-ends in an HP JetDirect (which works and prints without problem); internet access is only via the modem port.
Problem -- I can't get KPPP to dial out via the modem port properly -- KPPP will not get the modem to go off-hook (even after I put the off-hook command - ATH1 - explicitly in the KPPP modem script). However, the 'test-modem' KPPP feature works fine -- the test is run successfully. Then I try to dial out, I hear the numeric tones, and nothing happens since the modem is not taken off-hook (i.e. I never get dial-tone). There was one exception to my tries -- ONCE (and only ONCE) I got the modem to dial out and register with my ISP (only after placing the ATH1 command in the modem script); however, my browser then attempted to resolve addresses via the LAN port, and not the modem port, so nothing worked.
So (i) how do I get KPPP to work properly, (ii) when connected to my ISP, how do I get my browser to resolve via the modem port, and not the LAN port
Note: the card works fine under W'dows
Thanks -- Walter or [email protected]
-
Junior Member
registered user
I can't offer you a solution, but willl be thankful if you post how you got to there? Thank you.
Similar Threads
-
By bigrobot in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-23-2005, 03:26 AM
-
By katana5 in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 04:25 PM
-
By neilhwatson in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-20-2004, 08:15 PM
-
By embsupafly in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 12:21 AM
-
By robmc5 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 06:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Window FX Family Friendly Halloween Collection USB Flash Drive 6 Videos 723046
$24.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB
$282.00

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

FLASHFORGE 3D Printer AD5X Multi-Color IFS Auto Refill High Speed Printing US
$349.00