-
Hey Kirol
Unfortunately I do not have the original install-CD.s
And yes, that is exactly what i am referring to, compaq proliant Raid. Built under Smartarray.
What I really need to know is how can I mount the partitions when the knoppix cannot see the RAID-stack.
I understand that i would need to load the appropriate driver-module and mount the RAID by those means, but I dont know how to do it. And indeed what driver-module i should use ?
The current system uses the driver; Adaptec AIC7xxx driver version 5.4.2/5.2.0.... Would this work under knoppix's kernel ?
How do I know what module to try with ?
Also, does anyone have xperience on mounting a filesystem through another filesystem ? Shouldn't I be just able to mount and "passwd root" my problem away ?
Can I accidentally break something by doing this ? Im afraid I will fook up something if I go poking around another operating system's root folder...
Cheers !
Similar Threads
-
By emergingdzns in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
-
By michapma in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-24-2006, 12:41 PM
-
By Chefren in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-29-2005, 02:30 AM
-
By lilpaul in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 11:41 AM
-
By xolstis in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-29-2003, 06:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99

Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99

Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested
$29.99

16GB RAM Replacement for Samsung M393A2G40DB0-CPB | DDR4 2133Mhz PC4-17000 2Rx4
$134.95

Kingston (HyperX Fury ) DDR4 64gb 4x16 2933 MHz (PC4-23400)
$375.00