-
Junior Member
registered user
Can I make Knoppix run entirely in memory?
Hello. I have a DELL 2350 with 1 GB memoery and no hard disk. I am running Knoppix live CD. WHen I check out memoery usage during normal operations I see 700+ MB free. However, my CD drive starts working now and then, slowing everything up. So here's my 2-part question:
1) Is there a way to get all of Knoppix to load into memory so that the CD drive can remain idle?
2) If so, is 1GB enough?
Thanks.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
1) Yes
2) Yes
Read the wiki section on Cheat Codes for the toram cheat code.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
Senior Member
registered user
By the way I'm wondering about making 'toram' in a system with 512MB-ram and 500MB-swap. I've tried once without success.
Any idea on how to enable the swap partition before 'toram' command is executed?
Similar Threads
-
By gosain_sanjay in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 05:13 PM
-
By Photonix in forum General Support
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 09:15 PM
-
By billyjobob in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 07:17 AM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 04:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5â SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate 3.5" Desktop HDD 3TB SATA III 6Gbps HDD 1ER166-510
$39.99

Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Seagate ST1000VM002 1TB 5900RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s HDD | PC DVR CCTV | | 1Y
$55.95