1) Yes
2) Yes
Read the wiki section on Cheat Codes for the toram cheat code.
Hello. I have a DELL 2350 with 1 GB memoery and no hard disk. I am running Knoppix live CD. WHen I check out memoery usage during normal operations I see 700+ MB free. However, my CD drive starts working now and then, slowing everything up. So here's my 2-part question:
1) Is there a way to get all of Knoppix to load into memory so that the CD drive can remain idle?
2) If so, is 1GB enough?
Thanks.
1) Yes
2) Yes
Read the wiki section on Cheat Codes for the toram cheat code.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
By the way I'm wondering about making 'toram' in a system with 512MB-ram and 500MB-swap. I've tried once without success.
Any idea on how to enable the swap partition before 'toram' command is executed?

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77