-
Junior Member
registered user
Can I make Knoppix run entirely in memory?
Hello. I have a DELL 2350 with 1 GB memoery and no hard disk. I am running Knoppix live CD. WHen I check out memoery usage during normal operations I see 700+ MB free. However, my CD drive starts working now and then, slowing everything up. So here's my 2-part question:
1) Is there a way to get all of Knoppix to load into memory so that the CD drive can remain idle?
2) If so, is 1GB enough?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By gosain_sanjay in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-01-2005, 05:13 PM
-
By Photonix in forum General Support
Replies: 22
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 09:15 PM
-
By billyjobob in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 11-04-2003, 07:17 AM
-
By rrolsbe in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-12-2003, 09:42 PM
-
By pnti in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 04:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX4400-EM-4S expansion modules
$599.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper EX-4PST-RMK Adjustable 4-Post Rack Mount Kit NEW Factory Sealed
$150.00

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99