1) Yes
2) Yes
Read the wiki section on Cheat Codes for the toram cheat code.
Hello. I have a DELL 2350 with 1 GB memoery and no hard disk. I am running Knoppix live CD. WHen I check out memoery usage during normal operations I see 700+ MB free. However, my CD drive starts working now and then, slowing everything up. So here's my 2-part question:
1) Is there a way to get all of Knoppix to load into memory so that the CD drive can remain idle?
2) If so, is 1GB enough?
Thanks.
1) Yes
2) Yes
Read the wiki section on Cheat Codes for the toram cheat code.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
By the way I'm wondering about making 'toram' in a system with 512MB-ram and 500MB-swap. I've tried once without success.
Any idea on how to enable the swap partition before 'toram' command is executed?

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$319.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99
Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00