I have the same problem
It says Initializing Modem but nothing happens
I have Connexant soft 56 K Internal modem
I'm newbie for Linux and Dial Up user..
I've tried to configure my internal 56K modem (ActionTec V.90 PCI Modem) via the modem-assistant. I know my modem not winmodem, it's hardware modem And It use COM PORT=3, IRQ=9 on WinXP)
However it can't find with S2.. I get an answer from the modem on S1 but empty ATI Values.
Anyway, if I dial, the modem stops on "initializing modem".
What's the Problem?
And what can i do?
Thanks in advance..
I have the same problem
It says Initializing Modem but nothing happens
I have Connexant soft 56 K Internal modem
FarAway- as root do this:
setserial /dev/ttyS3 irq 9
ln /dev/ttyS3 /dev/modem
Then configure kppp

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$139.99
1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99
Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive
$29.99