-
Junior Member
registered user
Monitor problem after booting
I hope that someone could help. I am new to Linux/GNU and so am not exactly familiar with it, thus I'm trying out the Knoppix Live CD.
I downloaded and burned Knoppix 4.0.2 to a CD, and I then boot it from the CD-Rom drive of the Dell Optiplex G1, Pentium II PC (really old stuffs!).
The booting sequence seems to be o.k.
After booting, I got to the blank screen with the little penguin at top, and the initialisation process started. I then went into what I think is the Knoppix screen/interface except that the screen seems to be showing row and row of thin greyish lines and underneath, I could make out several Knoppix 4.0 logo at the top and several mouse pointers. It was hard to see anything except for the multiple Knoppix logos at the top.
It could be monitor resolution problem or something else?
Any idea?
Similar Threads
-
By frango83 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-29-2007, 08:21 AM
-
By Snorglorf in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
-
By cj_b in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
-
By keza in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 11:36 AM
-
By Hedgehogsforprez in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77