Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Monitor problem after booting

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    23

    Monitor problem after booting

    I hope that someone could help. I am new to Linux/GNU and so am not exactly familiar with it, thus I'm trying out the Knoppix Live CD.

    I downloaded and burned Knoppix 4.0.2 to a CD, and I then boot it from the CD-Rom drive of the Dell Optiplex G1, Pentium II PC (really old stuffs!).

    The booting sequence seems to be o.k.

    After booting, I got to the blank screen with the little penguin at top, and the initialisation process started. I then went into what I think is the Knoppix screen/interface except that the screen seems to be showing row and row of thin greyish lines and underneath, I could make out several Knoppix 4.0 logo at the top and several mouse pointers. It was hard to see anything except for the multiple Knoppix logos at the top.

    It could be monitor resolution problem or something else?

    Any idea?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    23
    O.k. I just figured out the monitor problem - so please ignore my original query!

    (FYI, I used the cheat code, screen (resolution), vsync and hsync).

    Everything work fine...except that I cannot seem to connect to the internet. At the moment I'm looking around for online help. Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.

  3. #3
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by garrincha
    Any help/suggestion will be appreciated.
    Suggesting: post details in a new thread in the networking forum. Without any information about your network connection you can't expect much help.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    23
    Thanks for the suggestion. I just posted in the Network forum.

Similar Threads

  1. Booting problem: monitor shutdown
    By frango83 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2007, 08:21 AM
  2. Monitor Trouble when Booting
    By Snorglorf in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
  3. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-26-2004, 09:53 PM
  4. Monitor is shuting down while booting!!!
    By keza in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2003, 11:36 AM
  5. Problem with my monitor when booting knoppix?
    By Hedgehogsforprez in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 06:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU

$99.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key picture

Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key

$829.99



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00