-
About ed2k
Hi folks,
FC5_64
Tried to download Knoppix5DVD on Firefox and it complained;
"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (ed2k) isn't associated with any program"
How to fix it? What is ed2k protocol?
TIA
B.R.
satimis
-
Senior Member
registered user
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that ed2k is related to e-mule or other file sharing networks. I doubt that FireFox supports these p2p file transfers. If you are trying to download version 5, it would be an unofficial release and appears to be a bit buggy. If you still want to download it, I would use Bittorrent instead. It is MUCH more secure and it's quite reliable too. I would not think of downloading ANYTHING using the likes of e-Mule, e-Donkey, etc. There is entirely too much risk of an altered file being offered with malicious code.
There is an official torrent site for Knoppix and numerous download mirror sites. Go to the "Get Knoppix" link at the top of this page. If you need a link to the "Unofficial" torrent, look under the "News" category in this forum. There is a thread addressing the version 5 release, and I remember seeing some torrent links there.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

M2 2280 PCIe 4.0 solid-state drive high-speed storage device 1080P RO 2TB NGFF
$99.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Western Digital WD Blue 3D NAND 500GB 2.5in SATA III Internal SSD WDS500G2B0A
$44.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health
$35.99

MICRON 2200S 256GB NVMe SSD (MTFDHBA256TCK-2AS1AABDA) - TESTED - 71%
$24.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00