Hi folks,
FC5_64
Tried to download Knoppix5DVD on Firefox and it complained;
"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (ed2k) isn't associated with any program"
How to fix it? What is ed2k protocol?
TIA
B.R.
satimis
Hi folks,
FC5_64
Tried to download Knoppix5DVD on Firefox and it complained;
"Firefox doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (ed2k) isn't associated with any program"
How to fix it? What is ed2k protocol?
TIA
B.R.
satimis
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe that ed2k is related to e-mule or other file sharing networks. I doubt that FireFox supports these p2p file transfers. If you are trying to download version 5, it would be an unofficial release and appears to be a bit buggy. If you still want to download it, I would use Bittorrent instead. It is MUCH more secure and it's quite reliable too. I would not think of downloading ANYTHING using the likes of e-Mule, e-Donkey, etc. There is entirely too much risk of an altered file being offered with malicious code.
There is an official torrent site for Knoppix and numerous download mirror sites. Go to the "Get Knoppix" link at the top of this page. If you need a link to the "Unofficial" torrent, look under the "News" category in this forum. There is a thread addressing the version 5 release, and I remember seeing some torrent links there.

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-8700 3.2 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR3QS
$67.99
Evergreen 586 - Processor upgrade 486 to 586
$149.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00