Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Uninstalling wine to reinstall a new version

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1

    Uninstalling wine to reinstall a new version

    Hello.. Ive been tryint to run a game called Bloodscape (bloodscape.net) , so far the game couldnt run since cswsk32.ocx was missing and for wine to register the .ocx it was missing mfc42.dll...I patched up the .dll by installing a VBruntime excutublable then registered the.ocx succesfully.But eventually the game still dosent run, what occurs is what wine developers calls a silent crash.

    So I want to see if the game could run using different versions of wine but I dont know the console commands to uninstall wine, or login as root to uninstall I could only login as superuser but even as super user I dont know the directory where wine is installed..

    Im running knoppix 4.0 hdd install (the recommended Debian installation)...anyone can lend me a hand please?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Use Synaptic

    I have uninstalled wine, after installing the commercial version CrossOver Office. It was redundant to have both, and I thought I could make better use of the disk space.

    Anyway, I use Synaptic which makes package management extremely easy via its GUI interface.

    Just do "apt-get intall Synaptic" from the command line. After Synaptic installs, it will then build a list of packages you can install.

    Wine is in there. You may only need to upgrade to a later version. Or, you may have better luck with a commercial version. Whether it runs your game or not, I have no idea.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. uninstalling windows xp
    By ANGIE86290 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 09:15 AM
  2. Uninstalling HD Install
    By ibrewale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2004, 01:20 PM
  3. uninstalling programs
    By s-r-b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
  4. Uninstalling Knoppix
    By anman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 03:49 AM
  5. Reinstall wine
    By dobell in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:55 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested picture

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested

$35.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU picture

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU

$99.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



Intel Core i7-11700K 3.60GHz 11th Gen CPU Processor MPN SRKNL X239G085 picture

Intel Core i7-11700K 3.60GHz 11th Gen CPU Processor MPN SRKNL X239G085

$140.00