Hi GottaBuild,
/home/knoppix/.mozilla-thunderbird/randomdirectory/Mail/Local Folders/Sent
and
/home/knoppix/.mozilla-thunderbird/randomdirectory/Mail/Local Folders/Inbox
might be the files you are interested in.
Regards,
Mark
I am using the Knoppix live CD on a PC with no hard disk, just a USB flash drive. I installed Thunderbird on the USB drive. I read some mail, then realized that the mail is stored in a profile on the RAM disk somewhere, and if I power down my PC it will be lost. I have set up a new profile on the USB drive, so it won't be a problem in the future. However, I am left with 2 problems:
1) Can't find the original profile anywhere on the system, even using the linux "locate" command
2) Even if I do manage to find the original profile, I can't figure out how to move my mail from the original profile to the new one.
Any help will be appreciated.
Hi GottaBuild,
/home/knoppix/.mozilla-thunderbird/randomdirectory/Mail/Local Folders/Sent
and
/home/knoppix/.mozilla-thunderbird/randomdirectory/Mail/Local Folders/Inbox
might be the files you are interested in.
Regards,
Mark

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87
DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99
Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$1029.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19