-
Uninstalling wine to reinstall a new version
Hello.. Ive been tryint to run a game called Bloodscape (bloodscape.net) , so far the game couldnt run since cswsk32.ocx was missing and for wine to register the .ocx it was missing mfc42.dll...I patched up the .dll by installing a VBruntime excutublable then registered the.ocx succesfully.But eventually the game still dosent run, what occurs is what wine developers calls a silent crash.
So I want to see if the game could run using different versions of wine but I dont know the console commands to uninstall wine, or login as root to uninstall I could only login as superuser but even as super user I dont know the directory where wine is installed..
Im running knoppix 4.0 hdd install (the recommended Debian installation)...anyone can lend me a hand please?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Use Synaptic
I have uninstalled wine, after installing the commercial version CrossOver Office. It was redundant to have both, and I thought I could make better use of the disk space.
Anyway, I use Synaptic which makes package management extremely easy via its GUI interface.
Just do "apt-get intall Synaptic" from the command line. After Synaptic installs, it will then build a list of packages you can install.
Wine is in there. You may only need to upgrade to a later version. Or, you may have better luck with a commercial version. Whether it runs your game or not, I have no idea.
sakiZ
Similar Threads
-
By ANGIE86290 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2005, 09:15 AM
-
By ibrewale in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-14-2004, 01:20 PM
-
By s-r-b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:59 PM
-
By anman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-12-2003, 03:49 AM
-
By dobell in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-27-2003, 01:55 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99