-
ADSL@DHCP - Had the same problem and this fixed it
I am running KNOPPIX ver. 3.3 from live CD. Had problems connecting in that it didn't connect to the router or something. I have ADSL, DHCP.
I read this thread and it didn't resolve anything for me. But I kept at it and this is what worked for me. I have a danish setup tho so I hope that I can translate it those who are intersted, that would be n00bs like me.
ok. There is a big K in the lower left corner. Click it.
From the Menu, move your mouse pointer up to KNOPPIX and to the right a new Menu appears.
Move your mouse to that Menu and to Network/Internet and a new Menu appears.
In this new Menu choose: Network card configuration.
Some app opens up and an Xdialog asks: Use HDCP broadcast?
Yes or No.
I choose Yes and it makes some kind of scan and then says OK and then closes the app.
Thats it. When I opened up the browser, typing in some url, it just worked
Similar Threads
-
By covox in forum Networking
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-23-2007, 09:19 AM
-
By jagdeesh85 in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 10:40 PM
-
By StephenIsTheMan in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 09:27 PM
-
By P.Enguin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-26-2004, 06:31 PM
-
By samboy in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-10-2003, 09:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.77