Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: home directory woes

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2

    home directory woes

    First, a little exposition on my problem:

    I have been using a Knoppix hard drive install for the past nine months to run my system. Now that the school year is over for me and I actually have time, I've decided that I want to build and install LFS (Linux From Scratch) on my system. However, I'm using Knoppix 4.0.2 as my base system from which to do so.

    During the last nine months with my knoppix hard drive install, I gathered plenty of settings that I would like to keep. I've moved them all over to a specific partition (/dev/hdd1), in the top level directory. My question is: how can I use this partition as a persistent home directory? Even if I had to run a bash script after every boot, I could manage that. I've tried simply mounting (as root) the partition at /home/knoppix, and the only result I've seen from this is that the system hangs every time it tries to access /home/knoppix.

    I know I'm probably missing something here, and any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2
    Nevermind, I have the problem solved; I've copied the appropriate app. folders from the partition into /home/knoppix. I don't find this to be an ideal solution, but it works.

Similar Threads

  1. $HOME directory (/home/knoppix) is out of disk space
    By benopdezolder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
  2. Quick Q's (Directory Woes on Live CD)
    By biglo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-28-2005, 07:16 PM
  3. home - directory on hdd
    By DieselDriver in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-27-2004, 03:20 AM
  4. how to move home directory
    By alfix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 10:32 AM
  5. persistent home woes
    By Alexxx in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 05:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St... picture

KARDV Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, 500W/40Kpa Vacuum Cleaners for Home, 60Mins St...

$64.99



LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to... picture

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...

$167.63



2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM picture

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM

$37.99



Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe picture

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe

$53.99



Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW picture

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW

$13.89



Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H picture

Car Vacuum Portable Cordless, 50000Pa High Power Brushless Motor, Rechargeable H

$104.98



Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home picture

Cordless Electric Mini Air Duster Blower Vacuum Cleaner for PC Computer Car Home

$16.99



(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26 picture

(2) Battery For FoxNoble Cordless Vacuum Cleaner GLBP01-6S26

$49.00



95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US picture

95000PA Wireless Car Vacuum Cleaner Air Blower Wireless Handheld Rechargeable US

$21.98



Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery picture

Cordless Handheld Vacuum Cleaner Compatible with DeWalt 20V Battery

$80.66