-
home directory woes
First, a little exposition on my problem:
I have been using a Knoppix hard drive install for the past nine months to run my system. Now that the school year is over for me and I actually have time, I've decided that I want to build and install LFS (Linux From Scratch) on my system. However, I'm using Knoppix 4.0.2 as my base system from which to do so.
During the last nine months with my knoppix hard drive install, I gathered plenty of settings that I would like to keep. I've moved them all over to a specific partition (/dev/hdd1), in the top level directory. My question is: how can I use this partition as a persistent home directory? Even if I had to run a bash script after every boot, I could manage that. I've tried simply mounting (as root) the partition at /home/knoppix, and the only result I've seen from this is that the system hangs every time it tries to access /home/knoppix.
I know I'm probably missing something here, and any help on the subject would be greatly appreciated
Similar Threads
-
By benopdezolder in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 23
Last Post: 02-03-2009, 01:45 AM
-
By biglo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-28-2005, 07:16 PM
-
By DieselDriver in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-27-2004, 03:20 AM
-
By alfix in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 10:32 AM
-
By Alexxx in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper Networks SRX340 16x1GbE Ports Service Gateway Security Appliance W/ Ears
$79.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper AP64 High Performance Multi Gigabit Outdoor Wireless Access Point, NEW
$249.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty
$895.00

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97